A fresh, warm Chocolate Loaf Cake smeared with Peanut Butter is excellent as a decadent weekend breakfast or a snack on a rushed day. This cake is best served warm and straight out of the oven. However, you can store it in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Makes: 1 Loaf
Eggs (Separated) – 4
Almond Flour – ½ Cup
Whey Protein (Chocolate flavoured) – ¼ Cup
Cocoa Powder – 2 Tsp
Erythritol – ¼ Cup
Stevia Powder – 1 Tsp
Butter (at room temperature) (I make it at home) – 1 Tbsp
- Separate the egg whites in a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites using a hand held beater till they form stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg yolks and the dry mixture to the beaten egg whites.
- Mix everything gently.
- Grease the baking dish with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160° C for 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool down completely for 15 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Make sure there are no traces of egg yolk when you separate the eggs.
- Egg whites are delicate and need to be handled with care.
Click here to watch the making of this recipe on Youtube.