“This is the new medicine, which is going to take 30 years to be accepted. But as far as your health is concerned you better accept it today, you haven’t got 30 years to wait for medicine to catch up…” ~Prof. Tim Noakes, 21st April, 2015
Ketogenic Diet has been proven to have many benefits. Doctors around the world are using this diet to treat their patients for many ailments like
- Heart Disease
- Epilepsy in children
- Some forms of cancer
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Migraine etc.
Kindly check our References page where I have posted some of the material from some of the famous doctors who advocate this way of living.
Here are some of the benefits which I have experienced in my one year of being on this lifestyle.
- My trips to the doctor have reduced (to almost negligible). I haven’t caught common cold flu or fever since the time I switched to this lifestyle (Sep-15). Earlier, I used to catch cold at every change of season and had to rely on medicines to get rid of it.
- I feel super light and super energetic throughout the day and my energy levels remain almost constant from the time I wake up till the time I sleep.
- I am not a slave of my hunger anymore. I don’t have to feed myself every two hours to keep my brain working. I can go without eating anything for 4-5 hours (even a full day if you want to test me out) and my brain keeps on running at the same efficiency.
- I do not have headache or gas problem if I skip a meal. Those are actually the symptoms of carb (sugar) cravings which I do not experience anymore.
- I have become very consistent with my workouts (weight training) and do not have to struggle to take myself to the gym. In fact, there has been a tremendous increase in my strength if I compare myself to my prior-to-keto days.
- My weight has come down from 74 kg (Sep-15) to 67 kg (Feb-16) (my height is 5 feet 7 inches, by the way) and is maintained till date though I met with an accident in Apr-16 and was on complete bed rest for 4 months. I did not gain a single gram of weight in those 4 months as I was consistent with my diet (thanks to my mother for understanding my new food habits).
- Here are my HDL and triglycerides numbers prior to I switched to Keto (Aug-15).
HDL – 46 mg/dL
Triglycerides – 206 mg/dL
And here are my numbers after on being Keto for a year (Sep-16).
HDL – 63 mg/dL
Triglycerides – 88 mg/dL
So, those are some of the benefits which I have experienced so far being on low carb high fat. And last but not the least, I was able to start this website and my Youtube channel because of the Ketogenic Diet.