Yield – 4 servings
1. Bring the water to boil.
2. Add the salt to the boiling water.
3. Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the water and let it dry for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a baking dish, add the heavy cream and microwave it for 2 minutes.
6. Add the Cream Cheese, give it a stir and microwave for another 1 minute.
7. Add the 1 cup of Cheese and mix it well.
8. Microwave for another 2 minutes till the cheese is melted. If the cheese is not yet melted, take the bowl out of the microwave, give it a good stir and microwave for another 1 -2 minutes.
9. Add the cooked cauliflower to the cheesy creamy mixture and mix it well. You can also add the pepper and oregano at this stage.
10. Top the dish with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 160° C for 15 minutes till the cheese is melted and has a nice golden colour crust on top.
12. Serve and enjoy!!!
Note: The recipe freezes well. So, I always make it in a big batch, refrigerate it and just before serving, stick it in oven for 5 minutes at 110˚C. This way it appears to be freshly baked as the golden top layer gets crispier.