We indians can’t live without our Roti. So, I made this healthy Keto Roti which is perfect to be served as side dish to your Indian curry or to be used as a low carb tortilla wrap for your lunch. And it has got no eggs!!!
Makes: 4-5 rotis
Almond Flour – 1 Cup
Flax Seed Flour– 3/4 Cup
Coconut Flour– 1/4 Cup
Chia Seeds (ground) – 2 Tbsp
Psyllium husk (Isabgol) – 2 Tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Water (Lukewarm) – 1 Cup
Ghee – 2 Tbsp (approx.) (used for greasing the pan)
- Mix all the ingredients except ghee and water.
- Pour the water slowly and mix everything, using your hands, until it resembles a smooth dough. If the dough is thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- After one hour, divide the dough into 4-5 equal parts and roll them into small balls.
- Take a plastic sheet or a silicon mat, dab some water on it and place 1 dough ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out until the dough is very thin. If the rolling pin is sticking to the dough, apply some water over it while rolling. You may have to keep on applying water to it to prevent the dough from sticking to it. But be careful as not to apply a lot of water or the dough may become very runny.
- It will be impossible to roll out a perfect round roti with this dough, so use a bowl or lid of a pan to cut out the rotis.
- Repeat these 2 steps with the rest of the dough balls and make 4-5 rotis.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa and apply 1/2 tbsp ghee to it.
- Place the rotis, one at a time and cook it for 30-40 sec till it turns light brown.
- Flip it and cook it from the other side for another 30-40 seconds.
- While cooking, if the roti sticks to the pan, apply some ghee on the pan/tawa around the roti.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
- You can easily cook this roti on a regular tawa used in indian homes for making rotis.
- The roti freezes well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Just microwave it for 15-20 seconds before having.