Irresistible Keto almond cookies that taste rich and buttery. These low carb cookies are eggless and are super easy to make.
Yield: 12 Cookies
Almond Powder (coarsely ground) – 2 Cups
Psyllium Husk (Isabgol) – 1 Tbsp
Chia Seeds (coarsely ground) – 1 Tbsp (optional but add nice crunchiness to the cookies)
Butter – 50 Gm (approx. 1/4 Cup)
Heavy Cream – 1 Tbsp
Stevia Powder – 1 Tsp
Erythritol – 1 Tbsp
Baking powder – 1 Tsp
- Mix everything together till it resembles a smooth dough and let it sit in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 12 small balls.
- Flatten the balls with your palm. You can also use the back of a fork to do this just like I did in these Peanut Butter cookies.
- Line the baking tray with the parchment paper or butter paper and place the balls evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for 20 mins.
- Let the cookies cool down completely for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
- Psyllium Husk has the property of converting into gel when it comes in contact with some liquid. So, it acts as a binding agent in the absence of eggs in this recipe.
- If the dough is breaking and not binding into balls even after letting it rest for 15 minutes, you can add 1 tbsp cream and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- If the dough is very runny and difficult to handle, you can add some more Psyllium Husk (1 tsp at a time) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Letting them cool down on wire rack is very important. The cookies will become very crunchy after this.