Naan Khatayis are shortbread cookies very popular in India. The word Naankhatai is derived from Persian word Naan meaning bread and Khatai from an Afghan word meaning Biscuit.
I have created a video to show you exactly how to make these delicious keto cookies.
Yield – 14 cookies
- Mix everything together till it resembles a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into 14-15 small balls.
- Press the dough balls between your palms to flatten them up.
- Line the baking tray with the parchment paper and place the balls evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 20 mins.
- Let the cookies cool down completely for half an hour on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
- Almond meal is finely ground unblanched almonds. It is different from Almond flour which is typically made from blanched almonds which have had the skins removed, and is ground more finely than almond meal, which typically still contains the skins and has a more coarse grind.
- The cookies can also be made using blanched Almond Flour but then we may have to increase the quantity of psyllium husk as it gets difficult to bind the blanched almond flour.
- Please refer the Notes section of my recipe Eggless Almond Cookies!!!
Click here to watch the making of this recipe on Youtube.