Fruits are a big no on Keto/LCHF way of eating as they are very high in fructose (they are also known as Nature’s candy). But if you are craving for something sweet and fruity when on Keto, you can have a few berries here and there as they are very low in carbs. You have to keep in mind that if you are new to Keto and your body is still in the process of shedding that extra fat, you should not have the berries as this may stop the fat loss process of ketosis. But if you are deep into ketosis i.e. your body has become fat adapted, are craving for something sweet and are in no mood to cook anything, then this dessert recipe is for you as it has got just 2 ingredients and requires no cooking or baking.
Strawberries (fresh) – 8
Heavy Cream (I used Amul whipping Cream) – 200 ml (1 Cup)
- Rinse the strawberries, cut off the top and then chop them.
- Layer a few strawberries in the bottom of a bowl or a jar and then spread some cream on top.
- Repeat till all the strawberries and cream are used up.
- Let it set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- You can add 2 Tbsp Erythritol or 1 Tsp Stevia if you want to make it sweeter though I like it without the sweeteners.