The other day I was craving for something chocolaty and I thought why not make a chocolate version of my Butter Walnut Eggless Cookies and so these Keto Chocolate Walnut Eggless Cookies came into this world.
These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookies are so delicious that I am sure, even your non keto friends are going to love them a lot.
I have also created a video to show you exactly how to make these delicious keto cookies.
Yield: 13-14 Cookies
Almond Flour – 1 Cup (100 Gm)
Coconut Flour – 2 Tbsp (14 Gm)
Whey Protein (Unflavoured or Chocolate) – 4 Tbsp (24 Gm) (refer the Notes section below)
Erythritol – 1/4 Cup (60 Gm)
Stevia Powder – 1 Tsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 Tsp
Walnuts, roughly chopped – 1/2 Cup (55 Gm)
Butter (salted), melted – 50 Gm
Dark Chocolate – 100 Gm
Vanilla Extract – 1 Tsp
- Mix everything together till it resembles a smooth dough.
- Shape the dough into 13-14 small balls.
- Press the dough balls between your palms to flatten them up.
- Line the baking tray with the parchment paper or silicon mat and place the balls evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175° C for 20 mins.
- Let the cookies cool down completely for an hour on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
The whey protein added to this recipe is very important. It acts as a binding agent and also adds a crunch to the cookies. In the conventional baked items made with all-purpose flour or ‘Maida’, the gluten (a form of protein) present in wheat acts as a binding agent and adds crunch to the finished goods. But when we bake with gluten-free flours such as almond flour and coconut flour, the gluten is missing. So, to get that crunch in cookies or those perfect round tops on muffins, we add whey protein.
Other important links: